These terms apply to use of Notification. Your account manager must accept them.
When using Notification
Consider when to send emails or text messages and how to write them. You can read more about this in the GOV.UK Service Manual.
GOV.UK developed the original notification system. Canada’s Notification team recommends following the UK guide, while adjusting for the Canadian context.
- complete all security steps required by your organization.
- tell us immediately if you have any security breaches.
- keep your API (Application Programming Interface) codes secure. API technology allows different software applications to communicate with each other.
- get consent to send messages and to use data. This consent must meet standards set by privacy legislation including the federal Privacy Act.
- check that the data you add to Notification is accurate and complies with privacy legislation including the federal Privacy Act.
- not send messages containing any personally or commercially sensitive information.
- not send unsolicited messages. Messages must be about transactions or subscriptions. Please follow the transaction and subscription criteria in the GOV.UK Service Manual. Please remember that other parts of the GOV.UK Manual may not apply in the Canadian context.
If you don’t follow these terms, we may need to stop sending your messages.
- show how Notification is working through our performance and status pages.
- keep your data secure.
You can leave Notification at any time. Just contact us and we’ll close your account.
We’ll delete all your data when we close your account.